I ran across a fantastic sale at my local grocer yesterday: buy one get one free frozen mussels in sauce. I had seen them numerous times before while perusing the seafood section and never gave them a chance. Well you can always count on a buy one get one free sale to sway you into new territory! So I decided on 2 different kinds, mussels in butter & garlic sauce and mussels in tomato and herb sauce. Not a bad deal coming out to $5 for the two boxes ($2.50 a pop!).
I decided to try out the Mussels in Butter & Garlic Sauce with some Linguine for last night's dinner. I doctored the mussels up a bit and created a sauce by adding white wine, EVOO, some extra garlic and some fresh parsley plus salt and pepper. It turned out fabulous and was easy as 1, 2, 3! I complimented my entree with a lovely bottle of white wine and a fresh ceaser salad on the side. Fantastico!
Mussels in a White Wine, Butter & Garlic Sauce
- 1 box of Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels in Butter & Garlic
- Dry Linguine
- 2 Cups Dry White Wine, approx. (And a glass for yourself on the side)
- A good healthy drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic to taste (use a little, use a lot - I used a few squirts of the tubed garlic you find by the refrigerated herbs in the produce section of the grocery store)
- Large handful of fresh chopped Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste